The Safeseal Type SB2 is a dual-cartridge seal. Its double-balanced design ensures the reliability and longevity of the seal in the most demanding conditions. The Type SB2 seal is ideal for use with environmentally hazardous and abrasive fluids, most often used in pumps in pulp mills, minerals processing and other slurry duties up to 40 percent solids by weight and a solids hardness of 8 Mohs. The Type SB2 seal is widely used with other process equipment including agitators.
Several variant of the design available for different services:
- Type SB2A — designed for ANSI standard dimensions
- Type SB2A-PR — designed for ANSI standard dimensions, including integrated pumping device
- Type SB2B — designed for big bore dimensions
- Type SB2B-PR — designed for big bore back plate dimensions
- Type SB2S — designed for special dimensions, including metric sizes
- Type SB2S-PR — designed for special dimensions, including integrated pumping device